[SciPy-user] xplt.eps question/problem?

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Sat Mar 15 19:28:33 EST 2003

> So anyone seeing this error hopefully can fix this by
> just adding this space...
>
> BTW: the noepsi=1 version is (for my example) 17KB in size
> and the one with noepsi=0, i.e. the default,
> is 280KB, quite a difference!

This is interesting.  This would indicate that running the ps file
through ghostscript is adding quite a bit of information (could be fonts
that gist assumes are available while ghostscript doesn't take any
chances).  I'm not sure though.

If you use noepsi=1 then does the output .eps file work for you (i.e.
can you embed the .eps file into another document or does it fill up a
page)?

I have not fully tracked down the purpose for running gist postscript
through ps2epsi --- this was done by the folks from LLNL originally.

-Travis O.