[SciPy-user] Next problem in CVS

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Mon Mar 10 13:10:25 EST 2003

Otto Tronarp wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I also got hit by this one, it seems like you have to run
>$python setup_xplt.py config
>before you do python setup.py build (in scipy dir). However I  was under
>the impression that distutils should keep track of stuff like that so I
>could do python setup.py install and it would automagically  configure,
>build and install everything...

I'm sorry about this, I had made changes to setup.py to automatically do
this (to avoid this hassle you speak about), but  apparently these
changes did not make it into the tree (perhaps i forgot to do a commit
-- or committed to the wrong tree during the major weekend
restructuring).  I will fix this tonight.  Thanks for the feedback.