[SciPy-user] Probs with scipy.test() and seg faults

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Thu Jun 5 10:28:42 EDT 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, H Jansen wrote:

> I have the same on RedHat 8.0:
> 	- can't find any test suites
> 	- and terminates with Segmentation fault
>
> I'm using ATLAS 3.2.1 and same F2PY version.

> James Analytis wrote:
> >
> > I'm having problems with my scipy installation. Most of the time, I get
> > Seg faults whenever I try to import scipy. When it
> > finally does work, it seg faults on the first test:
> >
> > Python 2.2.2 (#1, Feb 24 2003, 19:13:11)
> > [GCC 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-4)] on linux2
> > No test suite found for  scipy.__cvs_version__
> >  creating test suite for: scipy.common
> > Segmentation fault

Usually such mysterious segfaults are cause by building
scipy against different (older) Numeric headers than
was used for building Numeric.

Could you confirm that by checking whether installed
Numeric header files correspond to ones in the
Numeric source tree or not? E.g.

ls -l /path/to/src/Numeric-23.0/Include/Numeric/
ls -l /usr/local/include/python2.2/Numeric/

Also using `python -v` or importing libwadpy might give
more information on the source of these crashes.

HTH,
	Pearu