[SciPy-user] Segmentation Faults

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Wed Jun 4 03:06:41 EDT 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, James Analytis wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having trouble with my scipy installation.  I keep getting these
> segmentation faults, but I think they only occur when modules with common
> names that come from different packages are called. Any ideas?

Did you recently upgraded Numeric? May be scipy was built using
older version of Numeric headers (IMHO, it's a known distutils problem
that when upgrading Numeric, distutils does not update Numeric header
files). So, check that the Numeric header files installed in your system
correspond to the Numeric version you are using.

> Python 2.2.2 (#1, Feb 24 2003, 19:13:11)
> [GCC 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-4)] on linux2
> Segmentation fault

Use `python -v`  to find out at what point the import segfaults.

HTH,
	Pearu