[SciPy-user] Precisions : Install CVS on Mandrake i686

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Wed Jan 22 14:06:30 EST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Edouard Oudet wrote:

> Here are the precisions that I should give in my first email (sorry)...:

<snip>

> 6) ATLAS version, the locations of atlas and lapack libraries, building
>
> atlas_info:
>   FOUND:
>     libraries = ['lapack', 'f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
>     library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
>
> running build_ext
> building 'atlas_version' extension
> gcc -DNDEBUG -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=i586
> -ffast-math -fno-strength-reduce -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.2 -c
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/linalg/atlas_version.c -o
> build/temp.linux-i686-2.2/atlas_version.o
> gcc: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/linalg/atlas_version.c: Aucun
> fichier ou r?pertoire de ce type
> gcc: No input files

Hmm, how did you exactly tried to build/install scipy? It looks like
atlas_version.c (and may be other source files as well) is installed to
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/linalg but it shouldn't.
Btw, could you translate the error message "Aucunfichier ou r?pertoire de
ce type"?

> [oudet at localhost linalg]$ python -c 'import atlas_version'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: No module named atlas_version
>
> (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

See above.

> 8) Feel free to add any other relevant information. For example, the
> The main problem seams to be with the linalg module :

> No test suite found for  scipy.__cvs_version__
>  creating test suite for: scipy.common
>    !! FAILURE building test for  scipy.common
>     <string>:1: SyntaxError: invalid syntax (line 77) (in ?)

Are you sure that you are using the latest CVS version of Scipy?
Also, if you have earlier (say, 2-6 months ago) tried to build scipy
then remove the following files from linalg/ directory (that probably
contain the missing `min` symbol that you reported earlier):

  cblas.pyf flapack.pyf clapack.pyf fblas.pyf

and rebuild scipy from scratch, that is, remove the build/ directory as
well all scipy related directories from
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/ before hitting

  python setup.py install

in scipy local CVS directory.

Pearu