[SciPy-user] Change the size of dots in xplt.plot

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Aug 21 17:28:37 EDT 2003

Nils Wagner wrote:
> Dear experts,
>
> How can I modify the size of the dots in xplt.plot(x,sin(x),'dot') ?

Not easily.  xplt supports a limited number of markers ('*', 'x', 'o',
'+', '.')  are the ones I remember.  (the d and t in your example are
being ignored)

You can of course draw whatever size circles you like using raw plot
commands.

I just noticed that the raw xplt.plg command aslso accepts the msize
argument which seems to be able to make the dots bigger (but not really
smaller) --- you need the current cvs to use the new msize keyword.  To
compile on Unix make sure and comment out the addition of chaco (I guess
it's not compiling right now on Unix) in the setup.py file.

-Travis O.