[SciPy-user] Not a number in linalg.svdvals

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Tue Oct 22 07:09:40 EDT 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Nils Wagner wrote:

> Pearu Peterson schrieb:
> >
> > Nils,
> >
> > What f2py version are you using? It is possible that update to latest will
> > fix the problem.
> >
> > Pearu
>
> As root
>
> /export/home/wagner/mytex # f2py -v
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/f2py", line 3, in ?
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>     import f2py2e
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/f2py2e/f2py2e.py", line 4, in ?
>     f2py2e.main()
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'main'

It looks that you have some very old f2py (pre-2002) in your system,
see ^^^ above.
Also, when running as a root, the actual python version might be 1.5.2.

> What can I do ?

Remove /usr/bin/f2py (and anything else f2py specific in /usr/bin)
and reinstall f2py2e.

> BTW, I have installed different python-versions
> To build and install scipy I have used
>
> /usr/local/bin/python setup.py build
> /usr/local/bin/python setup.py install

That's ok. f2py script should be then installed to /usr/local/bin

Pearu