[SciPy-user] Next steps in scipy (scipy.test() )

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 20 15:21:23 EDT 2002

Hello again :)

   Pearu was very persistent and helped me get scipy
built correctly. I have no errors when I import scipy.
I decided to run the scipy tests:

 >>> scipy.test()

Lots of stuff flies by and at the end it says I have one
failure. I get lots of 'errors' but one failure. Here is
a clip from the initial part of the test suite:

 >>> scipy.test()
No test suite found for  scipy.__cvs_version__
 creating test suite for: scipy.common
No test suite found for  scipy.helper
No test suite found for  scipy.helpmod
No test suite found for  scipy.pilutil
No test suite found for  scipy.proc
No test suite found for  scipy.scipy_tempfile
No test suite found for  scipy.sync
No test suite found for  scipy.io
 creating test suite for: scipy.linalg.basic
 creating test suite for: scipy.linalg.blas
 creating test suite for: scipy.linalg.decomp
No test suite found for  scipy.linalg.flinalg
No test suite found for  scipy.linalg.interface_gen
 creating test suite for: scipy.linalg.lapack
 creating test suite for: scipy.linalg.matfuncs
   !! FAILURE building test for  scipy.linalg.matfuncs
    <string>:1: ImportError: No module named test_matfuncs (in ?)
No test suite found for  scipy.special.gendoc

I'm not sure if this is failure or not.
   Later, I get this at the end of the run:

FAIL: check_basic (test_morestats.test_shapiro)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/stats/tests/test_morestats.py",
line 30, in check_basic
    assert_almost_equal(w,0.90047299861907959,7)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy_test/testing.py", line
335, in assert_almost_equal
    assert round(abs(desired - actual),decimal) == 0, msg
AssertionError:
Items are not equal:
DESIRED: 0.90047299861907959
ACTUAL: 0.90047293901443481

Ran 543 tests in 1.111s

FAILED (failures=1, errors=40)

I would appreciate any help figuring this out. I'm running
the CVS version of scipy (as of this morning).

Thanks!

Jeff