[SciPy-user] Install failed for SciPy

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Oct 14 11:43:54 EDT 2002

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, eric jones wrote:

> > One solution would be renaming isnan to cephes_isnan in cephes
> library.
> > Other ideas?
>
> If the signatures are different, then this seems to be the best option.
> Perhaps we should add a test in system_info that builds a little Fortran
> file with isnan defined and tests to see if builds.  If so, we disable
> the cephes version (that's assuming the its compatible -- perhaps
> another tests).
> Hmmm.  cephes_isnan is easier and doesn't really have a downside
> (right?).  Let's just do that.

Ok, I did it by defining

#define isnan cephes_isnan

in special/cephes/mconf_??.h files and now scipy builds fine with ifc.
However, now I get

>>> scipy.stats.test(1)
<snip>
.Testing ncf
Segmentation fault

Other tests, eg in linalg that actually use Fortran functions, run
succesfully. I am not sure whether this segfault is due to my change or
there are other bugs lying around...

Pearu