[SciPy-user] Debian package(s)?

Francesc Alted falted at openlc.org
Thu Nov 14 14:43:22 EST 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 08:57:20PM +0200, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> However, I have noticed that few debianized packages either in their
> tar-ball or in their CVS contain debian/ directory containing necessary
> files for creating deb-files. I was hoping that we could maintain this
> directory inside scipy CVS repository so that debian packaging burden will
> be more distributed among developers. The same applies also for chaco and
> f2py.

That could be nice, but have in mind that it is always the Debian developer
who has to decide the correct debian scripts. So, including a debian/
directory in distribution could be a bit of a mess if developer decides to
change something. Maybe Steve can give his opinion on that.

Anyway, if "before Christmas 2002" is a tentative date for releasing scipy
0.2, let's start working right now in debian package to be able to publish
it at the same time than 0.2 announce (testing well the debian package would
consume a few weeks).

--
Francesc Alted                            PGP KeyID:      0x61C8C11F
Scientific aplications developer