[SciPy-user] SciPy-0.2.0_alpha_101.3442 /xplt/gistCmodule.c' does not exist

David C. Morrill dmorrill at enthought.com
Tue May 21 12:39:45 EDT 2002

> On Tue, 21 May 2002, Nils Wagner wrote:
>
> > I have used SciPy-0.2.0_alpha_101.3442 from
> >
> > http://www.scipy.org/site_content/download_list
> >
> > However the result of
> >
> > python setup.py build
> >
> > is
>
> <snip>

'/export/home/wagner/myscipy/SciPy-0.2.0_alpha_101.3442/xplt/gistCmodule.c'
> > does not exist
> >
> > Any idea ?
>
> It seems that SciPy-0.2.0_alpha_101.3442_src.tar.gz is created under
> Windows and that is why xplt is not included to this tar-ball.

You have found a glitch in our new automated build process, and Pearu has
hit the nail on the head about the problem.

As a result, I've modified the build process to build the source tarballs
under Linux. This should cause all of the source code for SciPy to be
included (even in the Windows .zip file, which should just be ignored when
building SciPy on Windows platforms).

I'm running a test of the new process now, and the new source tarballs
should be available shortly.

BTW, the tables on the 'Downloads' and 'Scoreboard' pages are now color
coded to indicate the platform the build/process was run on. So you'll know
the new tarballs are available when the 'SciPy source' section on the
'Downloads' page turns from Windows 'green' to Linux 'pink' :-)

Thanks guys for catching this problem...

Dave Morrill
---
David Morrill <dmorrill at enthought.com>
Enthought, Inc. [www.enthought.com and www.scipy.org]