[SciPy-user] SciPy from its CVS repository

eric eric at enthought.com
Tue May 21 10:10:24 EDT 2002

Hey Nils,

Did these instructions not work?

http://www.scipy.org/site_content/tutorials/CVSInstruct

The only alteration you might need is to remove the -z7 option on the checkout.

    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at scipy.org:/home/cvsroot checkout scipy

I just tried them from a remote machine, and it worked fine.

We are using a newer version of CVS (11.x I think) on the new server, and it
seems to have some hiccups with the compression option.  Someone had reported
that it hangs on "xicky.h" before.  That is actually the last file received
during a checkout, so the entire repository is getting downloaded, even when the
process seems to hang.  It looks to me like the cvs server is just not closing
the socket or something like that when the compression flag is used.

Are others still having troubles with the CVS?  We've considered downgrading to
the previous CVS version since it seemed to work fine in all cases.

Please let us know about anything you see broken as a ton of stuff has changed.
I think we're about finished with the major migrations though, so we'd like to
get things back to normal as quickly as possible now.

see ya,
eric