[SciPy-user] Installing onto Python 2.2.1 (windows)

Francis Burton F.L.Burton at udcf.gla.ac.uk
Mon May 6 07:33:15 EDT 2002

Hi!

Total newbie here, but very enthusiastic about the
potential for python and SciPy.

I have already installed on my Win95 system:

Python-2.2.1.exe
ActiveTcl8.3.4.2-1-win32-ix86.exe
Numeric-21.0.win32-py2.2.exe
wxPython-2.3.2.1-Py22-hybrid.exe

and have had python and IDLE running. (Trying to run
the wxPython demo gives "PYTHON caused an exception
c06d007eH in module WXMSW232H.DLL at 0157:00bf59aa."
but I guess that's OT for this mailing list.)

My problem is that when I run SciPy-0.1.win32-py2.1.exe
the "Select python installation to use" box is blank.

Is that because this version was meant to be installed
with python2.1?

I read a message in the archive where someone suggested
getting 0.2 from CVS. I'm not sure how to do this - it
all looks rather complicated and I would much prefer to
run a single Windows executable! :-) Is there a copy of
SciPy-0.2.win32-py2.2.exe available somewhere?

Thanks!

Francis