[SciPy-user] odeint limitations?

Brad Reisfeld brad.reisfeld at colostate.edu
Tue Mar 5 17:30:23 EST 2002

Hi,
I am a new user of SciPy. It looks like a very convenient method to access
powerful numerical codes written in other languages from Python.

At this point, I have an application in which I need to solve many (hundreds
or thousands) of coupled ode's. Is the 'odeint' functionality in SciPy up to
this task? I believe the code uses lsod(e|a|ar|es), which should, in theory,
be adequate. Are there any 'issues' associated with the wrapping of these
routines in Python? Anyone have experience using odeint for solving large
numbers of ode's?

Thanks.

I appreciate the SciPy team for developing and enhancing this useful
software for the Python user community.

-Brad