[SciPy-user] call plt.image from a wx GUI?

Adam C. Finnefrock finnefro at sas.upenn.edu
Mon Jul 29 12:36:02 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I have a GUI that uses wxWindows.  Following the tutorial, I've been starting
it like:

>>> import gui_thread
      <Importing wxPython...  done.>
>>> import wxCCD
>>> proxy_class = gui_thread.register(wxCCD.MainWindow)
>>> win = proxy_class()

Now the GUI starts without tying up the command line.

I'd like the GUI to display some data in another window, so it calls
       plt.image(scaled_data,None,None,colormap,'no')
which hangs.

A simple call to
       plt.plot([1,2,3],[4,5,6])
does that same.

(Note: plt.image, plt.plot work fine from the command line, even with the wx
GUI running.)

Is there a good way to call the plt functions from within a wx GUI?

Thanks,
Adam

scipy cvs_version = (1,105,1464,3694)
Python 2.2.1