[SciPy-user] ATLAS

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Wed Feb 27 07:18:22 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Nils Wagner wrote:

> I modified my previous setup.py that is
>
> import scipy_distutils.atlas_info
> #scipy_distutils.atlas_info.library_path = ['/usr/lib']
> scipy_distutils.atlas_info.library_path = ['/usr/local/atlas']
>
> rm -rf build/
> python setup.py build
> python setup.py install
> >>>

> Any idea ?

Are you using the scipy from CVS? If yes, then modifying
scipy_distutils.atlas_info.library_path has no effect (I think).
If you run

  python scipy_distutils/system_info.py

then it shows what scipy uses when building the extension modules.

> scipy_distutils.atlas_info.library_path = ['/usr/local/atlas']

It was my typo to suggest that atlas libraries should go into
  /usr/local/atlas
The correct path is
  /usr/local/lib/atlas

Could you remove all atlas stuff to this directory and then try again
building scipy? If you get still problems, then could you send the
full output of 'setup.py build' directly to me (and not to the list)?

Pearu