[SciPy-user] clapack--installation problem

Giovanni Montana gmontana at genetics.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 19 19:28:40 EDT 2002

> You can also look to system_info.py file, in particular, the definition of
> atlas_info class and put some print commands inside the calc_info method
> to see at what point this method is failing. You can print out variables
> like lib_dirs, lapack_libs, atlas_libs, etc.

Yes, I've played a bit with those variables, ect. and managed to let scipy
find the ATLAS folder, but NOT the souces. This is the outout when running
system_info.py (modified to display where it's looking for sources):

atlas_info:
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['lapack', 'f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib', '/home/strbr/ATLAS/lib/Linux_P4SSE2_2']

blas_info:
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['blas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']

blas_src_info:
['/usr/local/src', '/home/strbr/ATLAS/src/lapack',
'/home/strbr/ATLAS/src/blas']
  NOT AVAILABLE

fftw_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

lapack_info:
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['lapack']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']

lapack_src_info:
['/usr/local/src', '/home/strbr/ATLAS/src/lapack',
'/home/strbr/ATLAS/src/blas']
  NOT AVAILABLE

x11_info:
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['X11']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/X11R6/lib']
    include_dirs = ['/usr/X11R6/include']

I wondering whether you could tell me where to look for these sources exactly.

Also, is the clapack library supposed to be in the same folder with the other
ATLAS libraries? I still get the same error message when loading the scipy
module, so I guess I do need to let scipy find the sources first?

Thanks
Giovanni