[SciPy-user] clapack--installation problem

Giovanni Montana gmontana at genetics.bsd.uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 16 15:16:44 EDT 2002

Hello

I am trying to get SciPy installed in my linux box. I got the last version
via CVS, and have installed f2py2e, ATLAS, and Numeric. All seems OK, but
when I import scipy from Python, I get "exceptions.ImportError: No module
named clapack".

My guess is that I should change scipy/scipy_distutils/site.cfg to tell scipy
where to find the lapack library, but it doesn't work. Any idea? I need to
get scipy work as soon as possible, so any help will be greately appreciated!

Thank you.
Giovanni

PS: By the way, do you also know where to find another implementation of the
gamma function for Python?