[SciPy-user] sfftw problem during build

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 24 10:25:22 EDT 2001

>>>>> "eric" == eric jones <eric at scipy.org> writes:

    eric> The --enable-float command here forces the build to single
    eric> precision and the --enable-type-prefix switch adds the "s"
    eric> in front of fftw in the library names.  I'd rebuild the
    eric> entire fftw library based on the instructions on the above
    eric> page because I'm afraid the double precision rfftw libraries
    eric> were over written with a single precision version.

My bad, when I saw enable-type-prefix, I thought these were generic
instructions telling you to indicate your architecture for platform
dependent optimizations.  That is why I substituted the
'--enable-i386-hacks' in the place of '--enable-type-prefix' in my
configure statement.

Now when I configure with
# configure --enable-threads --enable-float  --enable-type-prefix --enable-i386-hacks
I get the sfftw libs.

Thanks for the help,
JDH