[SciPy-user] build instructions are not available from scipy home page

Dr. Moritz Braun mbraunm at pe2.kph.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 9 10:50:23 EDT 2001

"Travis N. Vaught" wrote:

> Apologies for not having this information on the site yet.  Here's a
> (temporary) link that should get you going until we update the site today or
> tomorrow(Aug 9, 2001 or Aug 10, 2001).
>
> http://scipy.org/bld

Hi Travis

thanks a lot!

However.
this are only the instructions for Windows
I tried it on linux and got
stuck first with a problem of find Numerics source code
which I fixed by copying the source distribution into the same directory
and making a soft link
from Numerical to Numeric-xxxxx
now the required compilations bombed out with  trying to link to the
libfftw-thread library

I am also unsure whether any existing NumPy installation will be touched
or  not.

Thanks

Moritz