[Scipy-organizers] Diversity blog post

Carol Willing willingc at willingconsulting.com
Sat Jul 19 11:38:29 EDT 2014

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the heartfelt words. I think you have done a very good job
of listening to feedback from the community. I also believe that you are
getting the ball rolling on concrete actions for creating a "welcoming"
and "information rich" conference experience.

Sheila's suggestions about OpenHatch and its guide are great. I think it
would be great to try to have Shauna Gordon-McKeon speak at a
"welcoming" event for newcomers. She has a passion for open science and
experience creating positive, productive community.

Please count me in for helping on getting the word out through PyLadies.
We have some good energy building in our San Diego Python User
Group/PyLadies community around SciPy topics. I'm hoping that we can
pull together a talk for next year on teaching/inspiring your local user
community about the great projects in the SciPy community and how
accessible that they are.

In the meantime, enjoy the rest of the summer with your family. Thank
you again to you and all that worked on SciPy 2014. Personally, I really
enjoyed meeting and collaborating with folks.

Warmly,
Carol

On 7/17/14, 9:56 AM, Andy Ray Terrel wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've put together some thoughts for the community:
> http://andy.terrel.us/blog/2014/07/17/
>
> Just trying to share with a wide audience to create a better
> conference next year.
>
> -- Andy

*Carol Willing*
Developer | Willing Consulting