[Scipy-organizers] Mini-Symposium Topic Suggestions?

Katy Huff katyhuff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 18:08:42 EST 2013

Hi all,

Every year we have a handful of domain-focused mini-symposia in the SciPy
program. The time has come for Serge and I to decide what domains those
mini-symposia should focus on and we'd love your input.

Does anyone have any suggestions for our consideration? Mini-symposia are
great for domains with growing SciPy communities that we could highlight in
order to encourage their engagement. Mini-symposia are also great for
domains that have such a large SciPy presence already that they may need to
be giving their own special place within the conference (think Astro).

I'm not emailing to start a cross domain battle, so I hope everyone can
please respect the suggestions of your colleagues! We are genuinely
interested in unique ideas and will consider anything you have to suggest!

For your perusal, recent mini-symposia have included :

   - 2013 :
      - Bionformatics
      - Astro
      - GIS