[SciPy-Dev] Unpacking the mailing list: Discourse, Slack = Mailing list

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Thu May 20 07:19:31 EDT 2021

About 6 months ago we transitioned MNE-Python from a traditional GNU
Mailman mailing list
<https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail//mne_analysis/> (almost 15
years old) to Discourse <https://mne.discourse.group/>, including porting
the old mailing list posts so they are directly searchable there
<https://mne.discourse.group/search?q=mne_setup_source_space>. It has been
a pretty smooth transition and the reply rate has gone up -- I think the
forum setting is much more inviting for most people, and the threading is
better than what you get from slack or gitter.

My 2c,
Eric