[SciPy-Dev] PR: Implement higher-order SVD in scipy.linalg

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 23 14:32:47 EDT 2021

Hi Jan,

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021, at 08:42, Jan Naumann wrote:
> I just opened a pull request to add the higher-order SVD (HOSVD) in
> scipy.linalg: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/14284
>
> The HOSVD is a technique used for example in the field of tensor
> networks for higher dimensional structures. It generalizes the idea of
> the SVD to higher dimensions. The implementation is based on Ref. [1].

Thank you for this contribution.  The paper is well cited, so this is a good candidate for inclusion.

I had a brief look at the PR: the implementation is fairly straightforward and needs mostly stylistic alterations.  I'm glad to see you've already received some feedback from Pamphile.

Best regards,
Stéfan