[SciPy-Dev] Can a PR be configured to run only the build of the docs?

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 18:29:27 EDT 2021

On 4/28/21, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 9:18 PM Warren Weckesser
> <warren.weckesser at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am working on an addition to the docs that only touches one existing
>> .rst file and adds one new .rst file.    For the initial pull request,
>> I want to run just CircleCI and generate the CircleCI docs artifact. I
>> haven't followed all the changes to how CI is currently configured and
>> run.  Is there text that I can add to the commit message (or some
>> other method) so that only the CircleCI jobs are run?
>>

> Not all providers support this, Azure is the worst. Travis CI has `[skip
> travis]`  and for GH Actions we use a custom `[skip github]` inside our
> action yaml files (I think it works, but not 100% sure - let us know if you
> try it).

Thanks Ralf.  I used [skip travis] and [skip actions] to skip Travis
and GitHub Actions, resp. (see
https://github.blog/changelog/2021-02-08-github-actions-skip-pull-request-and-push-workflows-with-skip-ci/).

I found https://github.com/Microsoft/azure-pipelines-agent/issues/1270,
and immediately tried [skip azurepipelines] when I saw that in the
thread.  If I had continued reading, I would have seen the comments
(including yours!) about this not working in PRs.  So instead, I added
a temporary commit to the PR that simply removes the file
'azure-pipelines.yml'.

Warren