[SciPy-Dev] Proposed SciPy 1.5.0 Release Schedule

Tyler Reddy tyler.je.reddy at gmail.com
Sat May 30 17:46:10 EDT 2020

I note that some author names with "special characters" do have issues with
some parts of the release cycle where the release notes are copy-pasted
from one medium to another (email & GitHub releases in particular).

Also, some parts of the release process (quite possibly "paver
write_release_and_log") introduce small flaws into the release notes
(underlines "---------" gain a spurious space "- --------", and bullet
lists get another bullet ("-" to "- -"). I correct these manually to the
extent reasonable, but I do not currently manually correct the pasted
author names.

The "-" issue has existed for all releases in recent memory; the author
names/encoding issue probably depends on how I copy/paste (which OS/text
editor, etc.).