[SciPy-Dev] Discontinued Rackspace Open Compute Discount

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Sun Feb 9 05:13:59 EST 2020

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 2:02 AM Andrew Nelson <andyfaff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Making wheel artefacts from a CI run is reasonably straightforward. The bigger issue is finding a wheelhouse to store the builds.

Yeah. And unfortunately Github Actions don't have any usable way to
store artifacts from builds. (There is an artifact system that lets
you pass files between steps within a single run, but there's no
programmatic way to fetch those files afterwards.) And Github Releases
do let you attach arbitrary files, but I don't know of any way to
point pip at a Github Release.

You might ping Ernest Durbin @ the PSF to see if they can help out.
The PSF already has substantial cloud infrastructure and relationships
with the big vendors (e.g. I think PyPI gets free storage in S3), so
they might be able to set up another storage bucket pretty easily.

-n