[SciPy-Dev] PR for overlap-add convolution

Joshua Wilson josh.craig.wilson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 01:37:51 EDT 2019

> On Sep 26, 2019, at 18:50, Todd <toddrjen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Being able to prevent falling back on fftconvolve is essentially for testing.  We need to be able to make sure that oaconvolve is actually being tested and not the fftconvolve fallback.  But this may not be the best way to do that.

If preventing the fallback is just for testing, one thing you might consider is mocking fftconvolve in the tests with something that raises as a side effect instead. This can be done with `unittest.mock.Mock` and will ensure that the tests fail if you hit the fallback route without affecting the actual functionality.