[SciPy-Dev] Adding alpha complexes/filtrations to scipy.spatial?

Hamilton, Wesley wham at live.unc.edu
Wed Sep 18 09:19:12 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I have some code that computes alpha complexes of a point cloud , and I think it would be a good contribution to the scipy.spatial library. I've looked around and there aren't any other implementations of an alpha complex construction (besides a short tutorial from PyPlot).

My question is: would this contribution be welcome? I need to formalize the documentation, and add the construction for weighted alpha complexes, but otherwise everything's there.

Best,
Wesley