[SciPy-Dev] Add `is_feasible` and `violated_excess` to PreparedConstraint

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 19:43:09 EDT 2019

As part of an idea to add constraints to differential_evolution I'd like to
add an `is_feasible` and `violated_excess` method to
`optimize._constaints.PreparedConstraint`. The `is_feasible` method would
return the truth of whether a given solution satisfies the constraint.
The `violated_excess` method would give the total amount that the
constraint is violated by; for example if ub=[5, 6] and the constraint
evaluates to [5.5, 10], then the total excess would be 4.5.

I fully appreciate that `violated_excess` is a silly name, and welcome
suggestions for an alternative.

--
Dr. Andrew Nelson