[SciPy-Dev] macOS minimum version and scipy.fft

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 09:15:55 EDT 2019

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 9:11 AM Peter Bell <PeterBell10 at live.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> Does anyone know what the minimum macOS version is that SciPy currently
> targets? And are there any objections to raising this to 10.9?

I got lucky, a 10.8 user just found the issue I couldn't remember by
commenting that numpy 1.16 didn't work anymore on <10.9. This happened when
NumPy (and SciPy) dropped Accelerate support:
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/12939#issuecomment-461006715

Cheers,
Ralf

The context for this is that in gh-10383