[SciPy-Dev] Thoughts on creating a toolbox for analysis of nonlinear dynamical system analysis

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 20:59:26 EDT 2018

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 4:58 AM, Robert Lucente <rlucente at pipeline.com>
wrote:

> >lack of maintainers
> What are the pre-reqs for someone to become a maintainer?

We don't have a fixed checklist or anything, but I'd say:
- interest in becoming one
- sustained contributions over some period (of good quality). no fixed
period or number of PRs, but typical is on the order of 6 months or 10 PRs
- communication skills, on Github and/or email (code review, design
decisions, etc.)
- already doing or interest in doing PR reviews

It could well be that you read this and think "I'm ticking all of those
boxes". Or conversely thinking "sounds cool, but am I good enough?". In
either case, I'm happy to chat about it.

Cheers,
Ralf