[SciPy-Dev] GSoC 2018: Cythonizing

Lars G. lagru at mailbox.org
Thu Mar 1 09:32:33 EST 2018

On 01.03.2018 14:13, Nikolay Mayorov wrote:
> Hey, Lars!
>
> I don't want to rob other potential ideas or mentors, but you mentioned
> that you think that rotation formalism idea is already for someone else.
> It is absolutely not the case, nothing is settled, and if you are
> interested in this subject --- I'm interested to see your ideas or a
> proposal (and Eric Larson likely as well).
>
> Best,
> Nikolay

The topic does indeed sound interesting and from what it looks like you
already have a pretty clear description of the scope, structure and
goals. However I have never done any relevant programming in that area
so I currently don't feel very confident that I'll be able to come up
with a sensible API for that or make informed decisions. First, I'll see
what comes of my first suggestions.

In the meantime I will look through the linked references and see if I
feel more confident afterwards.

Best regards,
Lars