[SciPy-Dev] GSoC 2018 : Rotation formalism

Nikolay Mayorov nikolay.mayorov at zoho.com
Thu Mar 1 08:21:51 EST 2018

I believe there is no standard for this. And there are several other things similar to this, like "passive" or "active" view on rotations, multiplication order for composition, etc. In my opinion this is sort of a "soft challenge" for this idea --- document everything precisely.

Best regards,

Nikolay

---- On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 14:18:21 +0500  Pierre de Buyl <pierre.debuyl at kuleuven.be> wrote ----

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:06:56PM +0000, Matthew Brett wrote:

> Also : http://matthew-brett.github.io/transforms3d/

> This is mostly Christoph Gohlke's code, but I've been the maintainer

> for a while:

> * rotation matrices

> * quaternions

In the case of quaternions, there are two typical storages: [w, x, y, z] (scalar

first) or [x, y, z, w] (scalar last). Is there a "standard" here?

Regards,

Pierre

SciPy-Dev at python.org