[SciPy-Dev] email client is misconfigured - replies are breaking the threading

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 13:39:59 EST 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 12:01 AM, Robert Lucente <rlucente at pipeline.com>
wrote:

> >When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> >than "Re: Contents of SciPy-Dev digest..."
>
> It seems that I am screwing up changing the email "Subject".
>
> I received the email w/ the subject "Re: SciPy-Dev Digest, Vol 171, Issue
42"

> I have changed the email subject to "Re: [SciPy-Dev] email client is
misconfigured - replies are breaking the threading".

To be honest, if you are going to actively participate in the mailing, it
would be best for everyone if you just subscribe to the mailing list
normally and not use the digest. The digest is good for read-only use and
maybe if you only occasionally reply. If you want to participate in an
extended discussion, however, it would really help everyone (yourself
included!) if you don't use the digest.

--
Robert Kern