[SciPy-Dev] GSoC'18 participation?

Benoit Rosa b.rosa at unistra.fr
Sat Jan 20 03:12:12 EST 2018

Hi,

I have used that library quite a few times, and it is rather slow.
Adding a transformation (or, for starters, rotation) module to scipy
would be, in my opinion, a nice addition.

Speaking about adding a few algorithms, one interesting add could be a
function to uniformly sample the rotation space. It is a core
functionality needed in a number of cases, and not that straightforward
to perform properly (again, depending on the chosen formalism for
representing the rotation).

Best
Benoit