[SciPy-Dev] GSoC'18 participation?

Jordi Montes jomsdev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 07:02:33 EST 2018

Hi all,

Last year I started implementing some methods for Randomized Numerical
Linear Algebra (RNLA) in scipy.
By now it is only the CountMin Sketch (clarkson_woodruff_transformation)
for reducing the dimensionality of a vector space to an embedded space.

I think that it would be interesting to add to scipy other methods for
subspace embedding (like the Johnson-Lindenstrauss) and build some
algorithms on top of it for things like least squeres or low rank
approximation.

Would some other people be interesting in this?

PS: I have a project called RandNLA <https://github.com/jomsdev/randNLA>
where I implemented some of the methods of RNLA. The idea is to implement
only the most important methods of RNLA in scipy and have this other
library for experimenting with new methods and APIs. That will let us not
overloading scipy with features if people are not interested in them and
focus on the ones that really brings value to the community.

Thanks,

Jordi.