[SciPy-Dev] Error while trying to build scipy: NotFoundError: no lapack/blas resources found

Bennet Fauber bennet at umich.edu
Sun Feb 25 15:33:03 EST 2018

Pinaki,

I believe that's what virtual machines and containers are best at:
providing a fully self-contained environment.  Either would replace
the virtualenv.  Both Docker and Singularity are popular container
environments.

If you use something like miniconda/anaconda, those will come with
their own set of libraries for at least some things, and that might
provide the kind of separation from the system that you are looking
for.

I believe that the Python virtual environments will encapsulate the
Python environment only, but that all the system libraries are still
system libraries.  Only libraries compiled as part of the Python
packages would be in the virtual environment.