[SciPy-Dev] GSoC 2018 : Rotation formalism

Nikolay Mayorov nikolay.mayorov at zoho.com
Sun Feb 25 05:39:52 EST 2018

Hi, Vishal!

1.You should reply to scipy-dev at python.org, check if it works for you. I'm replying to this address now as well.

2. It doesn't seem that many people here use IRC, e-mail for now is totally fine.

3. Fine, looking forward to the updates :)

4. It will be good to see some technical details: like what methods you want to introduce, there general logic and fine points, what difficulties you expect, possible different approaches and their pros and cons. It is valuable if you can think in terms of the actual implementation. Besides that, we are interested in your motivation of working with scipy and this idea in particular.

5. Generally both, there are no hard rules. Perhaps work on your proposal draft first, see if you are in fact interested in working on this idea.

Best,

Nikolay

---- On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 14:04:56 +0500 Vishal Gupta <vishstar88 at gmail.com> wrote ----

Hey.

1. I'm drafting a new mail, because I've subscribed to scipy-dev digests and I wasn't sure how I could reference or reply to mails in digests.

2. Honestly, I haven't used the IRC a lot, so I hope it's fine to communicate within this mail thread :)

3. I've created a Wiki for the project here : https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/GSoC-Proposal-:-Rotation-Formalism

4. I will expand on the existing idea and give my own perspective over the next 3-4 days. Hopefully, I should have a rough idea of what it might take and also be able to draft a rough time schedule in a week.

5. Since you also mentioned "Become active with scipy development", do I work on the above... or resolving issues and raising PRs ?

Thanks

Vishal Gupta