[SciPy-Dev] Changes Incurred in the Project Idea

Nikolay Mayorov nikolay.mayorov at zoho.com
Sat Feb 24 04:06:06 EST 2018

Hi Gagandeep!

I read the PDF you attached. I want to point out to you several points:

1) You mentioned serval mathematical constructs: curve, surface, volume. These don't directly translated to Python, you need to define some representation/API for that. And obviously defining any of these is very tricky. If you want to continue to develop this idea you need to provide a detailed information about that: how do you define curve/surface/volume, will it be practical and general enough, will it be convenient for a user.

2) Next, scipy is a numerical library and we are interested for an established and effective numerical methods. Your descriptions doesn't say anything about which numerical methods exist for solving problems you described. Some problems formulated in a mathematical form are just not suitable for numerical methods.

3) This is rather minor, but don't use double underscores for your methods (they indicate special "magic" methods).

Please don't consider this as a discouragement. If you are interested in scipy.integrate and numerical integration I'm sure there are enough things you can work on, we can discuss and come up with something.

Best,

Nikolay

---- On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 12:59:10 +0500 GAGANDEEP SINGH <gdp.1807 at gmail.com> wrote ----

Dear developers,

After working on feedbacks received from the developers I have made changes in my Project Idea for GSoC 2018 for SciPy.

This time it is based on extending scipy.integrate. You can see the attachment for details.

Waiting for feedbacks.

With Regards,

Gagandeep Singh

SciPy-Dev at python.org