[SciPy-Dev] SciPy 1.0 release schedule proposal

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 05:42:04 EDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 1:39 AM, Eric Larson <larson.eric.d at gmail.com>
wrote:

> My plan is to work as far as possible through
>> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/milestone/32 for everything except the
>> scipy.signal and scipy.sparse issues/PRs. For signal I'm hoping that Warren
>> and Eric L. together can merge most open PRs.
>>

> One PR is Warren's, which I'll merge tomorrow.
>
> The other three open PRs are mine. One of these depends on an open linalg
> PR <https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/7810>, so it has two levels to
> get through. I'm happy to iterate quickly on them as necessary, but I'm not
> sure if it will be possible to get them in by tomorrow. Would it be okay to
> backport them, too?

I think all those PRs except possibly the dpss one will make it in. I'll
work on the beta release before branching, so can postpone that another
half day (till Sunday afternoon my time, which is Sat evening US time).

We never backport enhancements after branching though, and I wouldn't like
to start now. So if people want that dpss window function in 1.0.0, it'll
require rapid review and iteration.

Ralf