[SciPy-Dev] scipy 0.18.1 release

Evgeni Burovski evgeny.burovskiy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 04:39:19 EDT 2016

Hi,

It seems to me that we have enough material for a bugfix release 0.18.1.

Here's the milestone contents:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/milestone/31

At the moment, remaining issues without a fix are:

* A regression in stats.circmean,
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/6420; there is a PR which needs
finishing https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/6424. The PR just needs
a test.

* A regression in stats.ks_2samp, https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/6435.
>From the discussion in the issue, it seems that
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/5938 changed behavior more than
expected, and figuring out the "correct" thing to do needs more effort
that anyone can spend in the short term. So the suggestion is to undo
gh-5938 for 0.18.1.

If someone thinks something else needs to be included please speak up,
here in this thread or comment on a relevant GH issue.

I think we should aim to release 0.18.1 by the end of September. Thoughts?

Cheers,

Evgeni