[SciPy-Dev] PR for signal.planck (Planck-taper and Planck-Bessel window functions)

Yuri D'Elia wavexx at thregr.org
Fri Apr 29 13:28:36 EDT 2016

On Sat, Apr 09 2016, Yuri D'Elia wrote:
> I'd like to bring to your attention this PR:
>
>   https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/6012
>
> which implements the Plack-taper window (http://arxiv.org/pdf/1003.2939)
> along with tests and documentation.

Hrrrm, I should have said:

  Gravitational Research @ Home
  Drive the LIGO with Pythonⓡ

or...

  All the windows you need!
  Pull one, get two!

But seriously, these are seldomly used windows yes. The only issue I see
is that sp.signal might not be the best namespace to put them in.

What about having a proper namespace for window generators
(sp.signal.window) instead, leaving the old ones as aliases for backward
compatibility?

We do have get_window(), which is the perfect generic entry point. If
the window has been used and cited in the literature, I'd personally
like to have it available.