[SciPy-Dev] thLib - 3D Kinematics and Signal Processing

Thomas Haslwanter thomas.haslwanter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:02:25 EDT 2016

Hi,
over the last few years I have developed a Python library, primarily aimed
at 3D kinematics, signal processing, and miscellaneous small items that I
use regularly, like a waitbar. It is currently available at
https://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=pkg_edit&name=thLib

Somewhat to my surprise, it has become pretty popular (by my personal
standards), with almost 9'000 downloads last month. Since most parts of it
are by now quite stable, I am thinking about how best to continue. I can

   1. Make it a github-project, and see who is interested in contributing.
   2. Improve the testing, and release a 1.0 version on my own. (My main
   limitation is that I don't have a Mac, and testing compatability with Macs
   is difficult for me.)
   3. Turn it into a "scikit-kinematics" (or some other suitable
   "scikit"-name) and/or contribute the code to scipy, if others would find it
   suitable.

I would appreciate feedback and opinions.
Thanks, Thomas