[SciPy-Dev] Repository for GSoC project

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Mon May 25 19:09:30 EDT 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Jaime Fernández del Río
<jaime.frio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This year I am mentoring Aman for one of the GSoC projects we have underway,
> "Rewriting ndimage in Cython." By its very nature it doesn't conform very
> well to the "many small pull requests" model: from the point of view of
> scipy, things are going to be broken up until almost the very last commit.

If it isn't viable to incrementally replace the current module
in-place (which would normally be my suggestion if at all
possible...), then one alternative approach might be to create a
temporary module named _ndimage2 or something, with the idea that for
now it does not provide everything that ndimage does, but whatever it
does provide works. And that way one can review and merge complete,
tested feature-addition PRs into _ndimage2 until it reaches feature
parity with ndimage, at which point the last PR is just to swap the
names.

(Of course this is orthogonal to the question of where exactly the
branch lives.)

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith -- http://vorpus.org