[SciPy-Dev] GSOC: scipy.stats improvement

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 07:12:26 EDT 2015

Hi Vidit, welcome!

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Vidit Bhargava <viditvineet at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> I know I am late, Sorry for that.
> My name is Vidit Bhargava. I am a Computer Science and Engineering student
> at National Institute of Technology, Karnataka, India. I am proficient in
> Python and C++. I am interested in the stats improvement project.
> Any suggestions on how I should go about it?

The first thing to do is to start contributing, i.e. send a pull request on
Github addressing an open issue. This way you get a feeling for how
everything works, and it allows us to get to know you. There are some
issues labeled "easy-fix" which are good to get started, you can also take
any other issue that seems interesting to you.

Regarding the stats project, this is relevant:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel/19468?

Cheers,
Ralf