[SciPy-Dev] Weekly Summary 2015/07/28

Abraham Escalante aeklant at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:42:13 EDT 2015

Hello all,

Here is last last week's progress and this week's plan for `scipy.stats`
improvements.

*Week 8 topics:*

   - Work on nan policy; the roadblock is being dealt with but there are
   still some details to be addressed.
   - NIST test cases for `f_oneway` have been added; some tests fail.
   - `moment` has been merged.

*Week 9 topics:*

   - More work on nan policy.
   - `mstats` consistency with `stats` is being (in part) indirectly
   addressed with nan policy so it will be deferred until that issue is
   resolved.
   - Work on last details to merge `kstat`, `kstatvar` and `bayes_mvs`.

If we manage to close a few PRs this week I will put some work into some of
the pending functions (like shapiro and kruskal).

For your reference:

   - Open Pull Requests <https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pulls/aeklant>
   - Open StatisticsCleanup issues
   <https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3AStatisticsCleanup>