[SciPy-Dev] AMPGO - Take 3

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 18:23:30 EDT 2014

On 2 October 2014 05:39, Andrea Gavana <andrea.gavana at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, after receiving a bunch of requests for the AMPGO global optimization
> code and the associated benchmarks, I decided to put what I have on the
> public domain. I don't have that much time to work on it myself *but* I
> would still appreciate bug reports and feature requests.
> <SNIP>
>
> Comments and suggestions are most welcome - especially if they help
> improving the overall performance of the AMPGO code (Tunnelling function
> gradient is a good start) or fixing bugs in the test functions - I'm sure
> there are a few lurking by, it's not that easy to stay focused while coding
> so much numerical optimization bruhaha.
> --
> Andrea.

Andrea,
thank you for making all that available, that's certainly a large amount of
work, wow.
For my part I am particularly interested in the benchmark suite and would
like to see that eventually included in scipy as a way of benchmarking
scipy.optimize.  I have a small amount of spare time to work on this and
would like to take this on.
Firstly, what do people think about inclusion of such a large set of
benchmarking functions to the code base for scipy.optimize? We have a small
amount, but could do with a lot more.

Secondly, Andrea, would you mind if I worked towards this end goal?

cheers,
Andrew.