[SciPy-Dev] building scipy with umfpack and amd

Sai Rajeshwar rajsai24 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 05:55:47 EDT 2014

hi,

   im running  a code which uses scipy.signal.convolve and numpy.sum
 extensively. I ran the code on two machines. One machine took very less
time compared to other with same configuration,  i checked the scipy
configuration in that machine. i found scipy in that is built with umfpack
and amd..

is this the reason behind it..  in what way umfpack and amd aid scipy
operations..?

--------------------------------

>>> scipy.__config__.show()
blas_info:
    libraries = ['blas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib64']
    language = f77

amd_info:
    libraries = ['amd']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib64']
    define_macros = [('SCIPY_AMD_H', None)]
    swig_opts = ['-I/usr/include/suitesparse']
    include_dirs = ['/usr/include/suitesparse']

lapack_info:
    libraries = ['lapack']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib64']
    language = f77

atlas_threads_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

blas_opt_info:
    libraries = ['blas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib64']
    language = f77
    define_macros = [('NO_ATLAS_INFO', 1)]

atlas_blas_threads_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

umfpack_info:
    libraries = ['umfpack', 'amd']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib64']
    define_macros = [('SCIPY_UMFPACK_H', None), ('SCIPY_AMD_H', None)]
    swig_opts = ['-I/usr/include/suitesparse', '-I/usr/include/suitesparse']
    include_dirs = ['/usr/include/suitesparse']

thanks a lot for your replies in advance

*with regards..*

*M. Sai Rajeswar*
*M-tech  Computer Technology*