[SciPy-Dev] Levenberg-Marquardt Implementation

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 10:41:58 EST 2014

scipy.optimize.leastsq uses a trust-region Levenberg-Marquardt solver from
MINPACK.

I think one that uses LAPACK subroutine DGELS could be made more efficient.
MINPACK has an unoptimized QR factorization and is also not re-entrant
(global variables). But the numerical quality and stability of the MINPACK
version in undisputed.

Sturla